Thursday, January 28, 2016

Our Universe Ourselves

 An Equation for Life

   I just read this beautiful quote from Albert Einstein, and since my computer was right at hand, I thought I would share it. 

"A human being is part of the whole called by us "the universe", a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings,as something separate from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our  personal desires and affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening the circle of understanding and compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."

   
  

3 comments:

  1. I felt my heart open open when I read this quote. I posted it just before I went to bed. and when I woke up this morning, I felt an immense sense of gratitude and optimism. It reminded me how powerful words can be, and how words/ thoughts can free us or imprison us. I am going to add the reading of this quote to my daily routine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this quote too--and it echoes a lot of what I've been reading, in particular what Anita Moorjani experienced in her NDE (Near Death Experience). When she "crossed over" she had a powerful, life-changing experience of unconditional love, and realized how we are all connected to the same source and thus to each other. Imagine if we could operate from this truth on a daily basis…….

    ReplyDelete